Thursday, February 4, 2016

New Megiddo Rising: An Apostates Novella

New Megiddo Rising was given to me by author Lars Teeney after I had read and reviewed Apostates.


New Megiddo Rising is actually a prequel to Apostates. It lays the ground work for the epic tale Apostates is. It does give back story for many of the characters we know from the previous book. As a prequel it might be a little too superficial in its treatment of the characters we know. I don't think it really advanced my understanding of the characters.

Unfortunately, a lot of the editing and proofreading issues that were present in the first book are also present here. Although, to be fair and honest, not nearly as prevalent this time around. The word quarry is the intent where query is used, which I admit did bug me a lot.

I do not wish to appear unduly harsh in this review. Overall New Megiddo Rising is an extension of a very good story line and I am glad I got to read it. As I said in my review of Apostates there are many directions this story can be taken, and I hope Mr. Teeney is continuing them as I write this.

But I also have to be honest with myself, you, and Mr. Teeney; for me New Megiddo Rising just did not live up to its "sequel". I do think it is worth reading, and I think that you will like it if you liked the first book. Enjoy


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment