Monday, October 17, 2016

Unlucky 13

I recently took a long road trip and Unlucky 13 by James Patterson was one of the audiobooks my wife and I listened to while driving.

I have not read or listened to any other of James Patterson's books so I can't compare the quality of this versus other of his works.

Unlucky 13 is apparently part of the Women's Murder Club series.

There were three story-lines to resolve here, but in my mind only two were truly resolved. The argument could be made that the third was, but so obliquely as to be missed. Perhaps I am being somewhat unfair, as listening to such a detail oriented story while driving may not have been the best way to encounter this work. The beginning and middle of this story held my interest, but the conclusion was, for me, less than satisfying. The epilogue just didn't leave me feeling complete.

Bottom line, I'll just leave it at; I was less than impressed.


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment