Thursday, November 17, 2016

Game Over

Derek Edgington sent me a print copy of Game Over for review.

I'll start by saying I was a little intimidated by Game Over because I am not a gamer. I was afraid the book would be difficult for me to understand. Thankfully this was not the case. There may have been a few references that got by me but that didn't impact my enjoyment of the story.

Game Over was a very different reading experience. The ability to interact with the story was new to me (I died...A LOT). The story itself is a real wild ride. Our hero, Ekko, has been recruited to beat the system so to speak. The barriers he encounters are beyond imaginative, they are bizarre and ingenious. Derek Edgington's creativity is in a league of its own.

There is a lot of graphic violence, but hey, it's game violence so it's okay, right? No sex, not even cyber-sex, but lots of passion and even romance. The twists and turns, divided and hidden loyalties. Intrigue, opulence, elitism, changing alliances, vivid characters, suspense and surprise. I dare you to accurately predict the ending of this book.

Derek Edgington has proven with Game Over that he is no flash in the pan writer. Further proof that main stream publishing is missing out by not paying more attention to indie writers.

Even if your a non-gamer like me, you'll find Game Over by Derek Edgington an immensely entertaining read. Enjoy!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment