Monday, February 13, 2017

Fallback (Planetfall Book II)

I was given an e-copy of Fallback (Planetfall Book II) by author L. E. Howel for review.

You may have noticed my last review was on the first book in this series; Planetfall. Lucky me, I got to read both books back to back. To answer the question that I'm sure is foremost on your mind (why else would you be reading this review?), Fallback is as good as the first book.

The story picks up right where the first book ended and the action continues uninterrupted. Five characters are front and center for this installment. No spoiler here, they leave Earth and return to the colony they were supposed to have started.

What they find on the colonized planet is not what they expect, and therein lies the story. As in the first book, our heroic group does not particularly like each other or get along, but they do their jobs.

If anything, Fallback is even more action packed than Planetfall. Author Howel does not waste time on what would be slow passages in other books. He keeps us engaged the whole time.

Lots of graphic violence, no sex (how could there be, nobody likes anybody else) and more character development than I am used to in an action story.

The negative? There has to be something, right? The bane of my reading existence; the dreaded cliffhanger ending! AAAARRGGH! We have to wait until fall for the next book, but what you gonna do, a 1200 page book might be a bit intimidating, so breaking it into shorter books is probably a good thing.

I enjoyed the heck out of Fallback (Planetfall Book II) by author L. E. Howel, and if you are a fan of action/fantasy/sci-fi, I'm pretty sure you will too. I encourage you to give this series a look. I will try to be patient while waiting for the next book. Enjoy!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment