Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Crime Rhymes: From Bad To Verse

I received a print copy of Crime Rhymes: From Bad To Verse as a gift, not necessarily for review, but what the heck.

 Crime Rhymes is a collection of limericks, poems and a short story all with a crime theme. I'm not a big poetry fan, but I do enjoy limericks.

I did read the book in one sitting, it was hard for me to not go on to the next, and the next and just one more. The difficulty came when I read the short story at the end. Not because of any flaw with the story, it was a good Sherlock Holmes deduction and I really enjoyed it. The difficulty was after reading so many limericks and poems I kept trying to read with that cadence. I had to keep telling myself "it's not a poem!"

Crime Rhymes: From Bad To Verse by Dixie Whitted is good for a chuckle when you need a literary break. Enjoy!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment