Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Footsteps in the Dark

I figured out how to include the cover of the books I review! Better late than never I guess.

 
Footsteps in the Dark: Stories of the B…


Author Carlo Armenise provided a print copy of Footsteps in the Dark for review.

This book is like a step back in time for me, back to the original Twilight Zone. The stories here follow that format beautifully. Zoners (if no one has coined that term yet I will) will love it.

A collection of eight stories presented as "steps" are a walk through the "bizarre and unusual". My imagination immediately formed a picture akin to the Zone and my inner voice became that of Rod Serling. 

This is not to say that Footsteps in the Dark is a mere knock-off of the original. These are new and inventive works by a seasoned story-teller. I make the comparison only to give the flavor of the book. 

Step Seven caught my attention as the main character is a psychologist. I was yelling at him throughout. You'll have to read it to see why. 

Each story is it's own short passion play focusing on the characters flaws, quirks, passions and foibles. Though short, we quickly become intimately connected. 

A great group of stories presented in an attention grabbing format. Footsteps in the Dark is a great way to spend a couple of hours. Enjoy!

Mike




No comments:

Post a Comment