Saturday, March 30, 2019

Lost Gates

Lost Gates (Deathlands Book 101) by [Axler, James]

Guilty pleasure time again. No secret I am a big time fan of the whole Deathlands series.

Lost Gates is a different take on the usual format of the stories. I've always enjoyed the jump scenes as there is often a lot of action around them. This story has six of them, so lots of action and lots of suspense. The companions were partnered in new ways and had to function without the support of the rest of the group. 

My problem with the story was the repetitive scene setting. Sometimes as many as 4 restating of the same situation. I get it, he's injured and it's hard to move. I didn't need to be reminded every other sentence. Quibbling maybe but it got on my nerves. 

My actual star rating for those who require it: 3.5. But the important thing is that it is still good post-apocalyptic action adventure even though this is the 101st entry in the series. Enjoy!



Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment