Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Broken Dreamer

I finished reading an e-version of Broken Dreamer by H. Dhillon. I was given a copy in exchange for a review.

This book is a very quick read, on my e-reader it came in at 65 pages. But, WOW what an intense 65 pages!

Without giving anything away, it is the story on a man coming to terms with the direction his life has taken and working to restore his integrity. It is not a lighthearted read by any means, but I think many people will identify with the main character. How many people have looked back on their lives and thought, "this isn't the way I had planned it"? The main character in Broken Dreamer is confronted by life events which force him to ask this question.

Mr. Dhillon wrote this story in an interesting format. It reads almost as a stream-of-consciousness kind of monologue. It is a first person account voiced directly to the reader, I really liked this format. There is a lot of strong language, something I usually am not impressed by. However, in this setting it makes sense. Sometimes emotions are so intense there is no other way to express the depth of despair being experienced. So, be prepared, there are numerous f-bombs dropped.

In the final analysis, Broken Dreamer a powerful redemptive love story. I think it would be hard to not be moved by the journey of the main character.

If you are up for a short, but extremely powerful, few hours, Broken Dreams by H. Dhillon is the ticket. Enjoy!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment