Monday, October 17, 2016

Map of Bones

On my recent road trip I listened to Map of Bones by James Rollins on audio cd.

This unabridged audio book was performed by L.J. Ganser.

At 15.75 hours this book took two days of driving to complete.

The story is somewhat reminiscent of Angels & Demons or Da Vinci Code. It is a somewhat grisly adventure pitting fanatic religious orders and government agencies against each other. Built around the Catholic Church history of dispersing the body parts of saints and religious icons to consecrated churches, the story becomes a worldwide hunt for what amounts to a terrorist organization.

There was enough intrigue to hold my interest while racking up the miles on my odometer. This was my introduction to James Rollins' work (my wife is a fan and chose the book) and interested me enough to check out more of his work.

Map of Bones is apparently somewhat of a departure from Mr. Rollins usual work. I found it entertaining and enjoyable enough for my road trip, although it is a little on the long side. There was of course the romantic interest, but it felt a bit like an add-on. A good read for fans of espionage type stories, some secret technologies but not overly reliant on them.

Over all an entertaining accompaniment on a long, long drive. Enjoy!


Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment