Thursday, January 12, 2017

Melody's Key

Author Dallas Coryell provided me with an e-version of Melody's Key for review.

Melody's Key is your basic romance tale. We have our heroine, Tegan, tragically damaged in a previous relationship able to find true love. Basic premise.

The story is of course in how she is able to find and accept love again.

It is a nice heartwarming tale to be sure. If it were a movie it would be on Hallmark. There are plenty of bumps along the way to a satisfying conclusion (we know they belong together, but when will they see it?).

I don't usually read straight-up romance, it's just not my preferred genre. But I have to admit, Melody's Key is a pretty good story. Youngish love, building sexual tension, emotional healing, humor, tragedy, and even some silliness.

Positives: smart characters, intricate story line, with twists that are not necessarily predictable, good guys and bad guys, love and loyalty.

Negatives: a few unresolved issues. Why was Madison at the concert? How did Dad deal with the big news bomb?

I won't go so far as to say that Melody's Key by Dallas Coryell has made me into an all out romance fan, but I will say it is a good read, and true fans of the genre will find it very entertaining. Enjoy!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment