Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Saving Raine

Author Frederick Lee Brooke provided me with an e-version of Saving Raine for review.

Saving Raine is set in a dystopian future of the United States. It is a post-apocalyptic without the apocalypse story. The country has become terrifying place to live. The protagonist in the story is an unwitting and at times, unwilling rebel hero. A lot of high tech gadgetry is used in the story, but it is not a techie book. There is romance (kind of ), action, humor (the hog farmers are great), political intrigue, betrayal, and a quest. I enjoyed Saving Raine immensely. It's no secret I love post-apocalyptic stories. As I said, this book is not strictly speaking a post-apocalyptic story, but it reads kind of like one.

Saving Raine is the first entry in The Drone Wars series, and a great first entry it is. There are many characters who grabbed my interest, some positively, some not so much. I am definitely interested in reading where this story goes. Since, I believe, that is the goal of any series beginning book, Frederick Lee Brooke can feel good about his series.

If you are at all a fan of dystopian fiction, sort of post-apocalyptic action adventure, anti heroes and real heroes, I think you'll find Saving Raine by Frederick Lee Brooke a good representative of the genre. If you have never read books of this genre, this may be a good place for you to start. Enjoy!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment