Monday, June 13, 2016

Eleven Floors

Eleven Floors  (Volume 1) by Robert Lampros was provided by someone for review. I say someone because I'm not sure if it was by the author, or someone named Joshua Brenner (I think I'm missing something here) who's name appears on my e-reader under the title. There is another book by Robert Lampros that has Joshua Brenner connected to it as well, I haven't read it yet.

Anyway, mystery aside, Eleven Floors is a nice, clean, good read. At only 64 pages, at least on my e-reader, this is the story of a young man's first year at college. He is Christian and doesn't try to hide it. He's open about his walk with God, praying publicly and in social situations.

We see his growth in a greater society by way of his college life. Thankfully, and somewhat surprisingly in this day and age, he maintains his Christian walk while making friends. That's all the spoiler you get from me, but I will say this, the story is in his interactions with other characters.

At 64 pages there is obviously not a lot of character development, but there is enough for us to clearly see what's going on. The ending caught me off-guard, yeah, it's a cliff hanger (the title says volume 1 after all), and I don't like those, we will have to see if it was necessary in volume 2.

I really enjoyed this quick, wholesome read. There is nothing here to find offensive or off-putting (unless maybe you're an atheist or some other non-christian. If that is the case don't read this book, you won't get it).  I don't usually tell anyone to not read a book, but there you have it. This is a Christian book and a good one at that. I just don't want to give the idea it's anything else.

 With Eleven Floors (Volume 1),  Robert Lampros has written for us a good, wholesome and uplifting short read. Enjoy!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment