Sunday, July 10, 2016

At This Hour, Lie At My Feet, All Mine Enemies

Author Mark Rounds provided an e-copy of At This Hour, Lie At My Feet, All Mine Enemies for review.

I'm going to start right off with the biggest problem with At This Hour, Lie At My Feet, All Mine Enemies : it has a CLIFFHANGER ENDING! AAAAAARRRRGGH!

Actually, I can't really complain about the ending because Mr. Rounds warned me when he sent me the book. So, I guess I'll have to let it pass, THIS TIME. Once again, I know, very big of me.

Seriously though, At This Hour, Lie At My Feet, All Mine Enemies is an awesome follow-up to the first book in the series, Hell Is Empty And All The Devils Are Here. Mr. Rounds introduces new characters to add to the story, for me, keeping it fresh and interesting. This go around the story has a much more military focus. I'm not usually a big reader of militaristic stories, but this one works for me. Our original characters do take a bit of a back seat for most a while, but that is where the story went so I don't see it as a negative. Some of the original characters were expanded and made more important over all.

The characters, both military and civilian act in ways that seem realistic to me. The zombies? Who knows, being zombies and all. Although fairly long at 476 pages, At This Hour, Lie At My Feet, All Mine Enemies moves at a good pace an held my interest all the way through. I didn't feel the story bogging down at all.

I read the entire book in three days, so you know it grabbed me pretty tight, and didn't let go. The last third of the book was absolutely riveting. I just couldn't put it down.

As I wrote in my last review of Mark Rounds' work, He is truly one of the writers that make reading Indie authors worth the effort. I just don't see him remaining Indie for very long. Ok, enough gushing.

At This Hour, Lie At My Feet, All Mine Enemies has lots and lots of great action sequences, good character development, no sex to speak of, and about a gazillion zombies getting wasted and many more in need of wastement. (Yeah I made up the word, I can do that, it's my review)

I highly recommend At This Hour, Lie At My Feet, All Mine Enemies by Mark Rounds to all readers of action/adventure/zombie/apocalypse/military/survivalist (I think that about covers it) books. You won't be disappointed. The only question is: How long to we have to wait for part three? Enjoy!

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment