Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Line Between

The Line Between

I was given an e-copy of  The Line Between by Tosca Lee for review.

It took me a while to really get into this story. The prologue set me up for one story, but then it seemed the main story started in a different direction. It took me a while to connect the two. Don't get me wrong, the story started very interesting, but I wasn't feeling "thriller". 

I predicted the connection, but as usual, missed by just a bit. When the connection was made, the story took off for me. Then it had me and it was, hang on. It truly lived up to the promise of thriller. The perfect blend of suspense and terror with a wholly sympathetic main character. The plot complications were tight and believable with solutions not worn out, trite, or expected. The characters were well developed and behaved true to type.

My biggest complaint? The file I received was not reader friendly. The type was sooo small and couldn't be adjusted. The only way I could read it at all was to set my reader on landscape. This of course does not affect the story, but did slow me down a bit.

We have cult life, abuse, megalomania, deception, redemption, anarchy, selflessness, a plague, apocalyptic mayhem, preppers, good guys vs bad guys, and some who fall in between.

So I started out not feeling "thriller", but by the end my heart was racing and I was thoroughly entertained. The Line Between  by Tosca Lee is definitely worth your time if you like thrillers. Enjoy! 


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment