Monday, November 9, 2015

Fortress of the Demon

Fortress of the Demon by Scott Tomasheski was given to me in exchange for a review.

When I first received my copy of Fortress of the Demon I was quite surprised that Nancy ( the person who sent me the book) included a separate paper listing the errors in the book. I don't expect they will do this for the mass market, but I consider it a class action to provide it for the reviewer.

I really enjoyed this book. It is a wild ride through time, space, technology and adventure. It is part of the Time Defenders series. A lot of fun.

The technology described was mind boggling as was the pace of the story. I really had to pay attention as characters operated in multiple times almost simultaneously. I am not a physicist so I can not speak to the theoretical accuracy of the story, but I don't really care.

The main character, at least she is in my mind, is referred to variously as Bartolomea, Barty, Doamna. and Mrs. A, Atherton. Of course in the flow of the story she appears at several different ages ranging from 28 to 90. At any age, she is an accomplished fighter, tactician and strategist, probably the smartest person in her world and perhaps the deadliest.

The villain, Baron Hookfinger is as dastardly as they come, with apparently  no redeeming social value.

The Time Defenders adventures take them to several wheres and whens around the world. It's easy to root for the good guys and hiss at the bad.

I recommend Fortress of the Demon by Scott Tomasheski to anyone who wants to read a book, not for a message, not for social commentary, but just for fun. Enjoy



Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment