Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Raven of Dusk: Transcendence

Author Anthony Greer provided me a print copy of The Raven of Dusk: Transcendence for review.

This book is an interesting blend of medieval, present, and even futuristic elements. Knights, queens, castles, cell phones, gun blades, and air shuttles.

Plenty of action, and political intrigue.  The Raven of Dusk: Transcendence the first in the The Raven of Dusk series. There are several intertwining story lines to enjoy here. A father and his estranged son, a woman in trouble, a girl whose intelligence separates her from her peers, a man seeking vengeance, and a man living under the weight of his family history.These themes are skillfully woven into a remarkably coherent and easy to follow narrative. Although you know how much I like cliffhangers, the ending of this book was not too abrupt, I was more or less ready for it.

The negative is, once again, proofreading. There were more mistakes than should be found in a print copy. Since there is a barcode and price on the book I surmise (not assume) that this is not a galley or arc. If it is my apologies to the author. But, misusing words like "passed" instead of "past" and the like should not make it into a final version. Fortunately these were not so numerous as to interfere with my enjoyment of the book. But you know me, typos and other errors are a "button" for me and I have to comment.

Errors aside The Raven of Dusk: Transcendence is a very good read that I think you will find entertaining (and isn't that why we read in the first place?). Enjoy!


Mike

 

No comments:

Post a Comment