Friday, February 5, 2016

The Alignment: Silent City

I'm not sure how I came to have an e-version of The Alignment: Silent City by H.G. Suren, It isn't in my downloads file but appeared on Kindle. I know I didn't buy it so I guess this is the disclaimer.

This book is awesome! It reminds me so strongly of the old Twilight Zone. For me, it started kind of slow, and then just took off. It definitely has that eerie, suspenseful quality that kept me hooked. It is the first in a series, and if the rest are this good, bring em on!

Like a good story of this type The Alignment: Silent City does not give away the location where it takes place. You kind of get the feeling it may be a Middle Eastern locale from the main characters, but other little details come forth that contradict this assumption. The characters drive the story and the focus is on their emotions and interactions. Just enough environmental detail to advance the story but not dominate it. I sat in a quiet little corner and just enjoyed the heck out of it. It is a pretty fast read when you get into it.

If you are a fan of creepy, eerie, suspense  H. G. Suren has written the book for you, The Alignment: Silent City. I highly recommend you read this book! Enjoy!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment