Sunday, December 4, 2016

Child of Slaughter (Deathlands #124)

The Deathlands books are one of my guilty pleasures. There are 125 books in the series and I own and have read about 100 of them.

Child of Slaughter is the second to last book in the series. It ended with #125 last November. Unfortunately Child of Slaughter sent the signal to me that the series was running out of steam. I have always enjoyed the series, the action has been good, the violence over the top, and the stories interesting.

Child of Slaughter does not hold up to that tradition for me. It just kind of fell flat. It read to me like the author was just going through the motions. The story line has been used several times. Basically the companions have been separated and have to find their way back together again.

I know that the series has been written by various authors over the years and I don't know how many were penned by this particular author, but he sounded tired.

I hate to be a downer on this book, but I think true fans of the Deathlands books will feel let down as I did. Bummer.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment