Monday, September 16, 2019

Construct 11 Part 2

Construct 11 Part 2: Trust and Loyalty by [Miller, Anna Lynn, Miller, Annessa]
Author Anna Lynn Miller provided a print copy of Construct 11 Part 2 for review.

Let's get right to the point, this book is great. Obviously part 2 means there was a part one (which I read and reviewed) and I think this continuation is even better than the beginning and the beginning was pretty darn good.

Although this book calls to mind the 70's movie Logan's Run, is in no way a rip-off of that story. It's more like a behind the scenes look at a Utopian society. Of course the decay of the society is being uncovered by the young people (who else). It is fun reading as the teenagers discover things from history that they just don't understand. Example that is not a spoiler; they find an old globe and they can't figure out what the blue parts are. Many of those kinds of discoveries.

I'm really impressed by the authors ability to stay in the new societies language and not use words familiar to us that are out of place int the world she has created. Excellent attention to detail. Good character development, eminently readable and interesting. It held my interest all the way through. I understand the third installation has been delayed,but I am eagerly waiting to see how the story unfolds. I'm hooked.

We have dystopia within utopia, romance (c'mon, teenagers), political intrigue, suspense, violence, basically all the things a utopian society should not have. Great fun to read. I recommend it. Enjoy!



Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment