Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Curse of Judas

The Curse of Judas (Revenant City Series Book 1) by [Brandel, Cynthia]
Cynthia Brandel provided an ecopy of The Curse of Judas for review.

A different take on the origin of the vampire, at least for me. Vampire aficionados will know more than me. The title pretty much explains that.

In a world where vampires pretty much, rule our hero Phoebe is trying is just trying to get by. She becomes the focus of the local ruling vampires and so the story begins. 

I found the story well written and interesting. It did keep me engaged throughout. But I will say it could have provided a bit more detail about the world the characters inhabit. More background and fleshing out would be welcome, but this is a minor complaint. 

The actual vampirism is handled in a unique way (spoiler). Some sensuality, some horror, some action, some suspense.

The story does leave itself open for continuation and I would be interested to see where it goes. 

Sadly for some unknown reason this book has disappeared from my ereader, don't know why.

Fans of vampire stories should find this entertaining. Enjoy!



Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment