Friday, January 24, 2020

The Dane Law (The Athelin Chronicles book #2)

The Dane Law (The Atheling Chronicles, #2)
Author Garth Petterson provided an ecopy of The Dane Law for review. 

Although this is the second book in the series, and I have not read the first, I didn't feel as though I was missing much. Which I take to mean the story is written to be a stand alone. 

Set in Engla-lond, we have a story of Viking political intrigue. Very good character development. Great action sequences, just the right amount of humor and even a bit of sex thrown in for good measure. 

The author did a good job of keeping me guessing as to who would eventually align with whom. Broken loyalties, shifting alliances, ruling class politics blended into a readable and engrossing story. 

I would definitely like to read more from this author. I'm not really an expert of the whole Viking genre, but I did enjoy Pettersen's take. Enjoy!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment