Monday, March 22, 2021

Morgan Le Fay: Children of This World (book 2 in the Fata Morgana Child of the Moon Trilogy)

 


I received a print copy of Morgan Le Fay: Children of This World book 2 in the Fata Morgana Child of the Moon Trilogy from the author for review. Whew! That is a lot of title.

In this second installment we continue to follow the growth of the young Morgan as she grows into her power/gift. A lot of court intrigue mixed with interactions with the magical realms. The story comes to a head at the observance of Samhain and takes a decidedly darker turn. 

I still fight with my previous, admittedly limited, knowledge of the Morgana tradition, so this story continues to be new territory for me. Not a bad thing, in fact it keeps me in the story because I can't assume I know what's going to happen.

I am greatly impressed by the amount of detail the author has put into the story. This book is markedly longer that the first installment. But MS. Blanco does a great job of extending the story in such a way that I did not feel a loss of the storyline. The age of Morgan still surprises me as one so young takes in stride such world shattering situations. 

An aside: For what it is worth, the cover art I have posted here is not the cover shown on Amazon.  

For readers who wants to immerse themselves in the Arthurian legends (although he's not here...yet anyway) , the realms of Fae, and mythic gods and goddesses, this is the series for you. I look forward with anticipation to the third and final installment in the trilogy. Enjoy!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment