Saturday, September 5, 2015

Even Peons are People: Interplanetary Justice

I have just finished reading Even Peons are People: Interplanetary Justice in an e-book format.
I was given this book in exchange for a review.

Even Peons are People: Interplanetary Justice is a combination of several genres; space sci-fi, action adventure, murder mystery,military, legal and political intrigue. And well combined I might add.

The author using the name D-PAK has crafted quite an interesting tale. Lots of drama and action with a healthy dose of mystery as well. We know who done it, how he done it and where he done it, but we don't know why he done it. That is the crux of the story.

There are word spellings  and one particular sex scene that point to D-PAK'S UK roots. But that is just an observation, nothing really to do with the story.

There are several twists and turns as one would expect with a politically based mystery. I read the second half of the book in one sitting. The pace and excitement kept building to the climax, keeping me riveted to the story. The main characters built in complexity as the story progressed and were well developed by the end.

Constructive (I hope) criticisms; First, I trust this version is not the final edit as there were more than a few typo type errors. Second, there were a lot of notes explaining unfamiliar words and tech labels.This in itself was not a problem. It may just be that I am not well versed in using the e-format, but trying to go to the end of the book and find the note then get back to the story was difficult for me. I ended up not reading the notes. Those are the only things that jumped out at me. Again, this may just be my inexperience and would not bother anyone else.

It is a very enjoyable read, and I highly recommend it to readers of the genres I listed. Definitely a read worthy book. I think you will enjoy it!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment