Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Last Voyage: And Other Stories

 The Last Voyage: And Other Stories  

I was given an e-copy of The Last Voyage and other stories by Fernando Sachetto for review.

I don't usually review short story anthologies, I've done a few short stories as stand alone works. In anthology format I find stories abruptly ending leaves me unsettled. That would be my complaint about this book, abruptly moving from story to story just doesn't work well for me.

As for the individual stories presented here; some were very good and others okay. None of them could be called bad, the most I could say is that I figured out a couple before I should have. 

The first and last stories of the compilation were for me the best. Good fantasy with a bit of a twist. 

Over all, the stories were engaging and entertaining quick reads worth a look. If the format works for you, you will probably like this collection. Enjoy!


Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment