Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Who Killed Randy Ratphink? The Postmortem Adventures of a Fried-Brain Hippie!

Who Killed Randy Ratphink? The Postmortem Adventures of a Fried-Brain Hippie (the only time in this review I'm typing all that out!) by Jerry Flu, was given to me for review.

Jerry Flu, if that is his real name (and reading the book will prove it isn't) has perpetrated a rollicking anti-establishment adventure with Who Killed Randy Ratphink? (see? told you) Actually it is a memoir told in flashback (appropriate), as a who dunnit. Very clever way to present the story.

Being a child of the times this story is set in (in which this story is set?) I really enjoyed this trip (pun intended) down memory lane. Though I did not live the lifestyle Randy did (I'm not sure how many actually did) I can identify with the tone of the tale.

You know by now I don't do spoilers, but since the title kind of gives it away, Randy is dead, and before he "goes into the light" he wants to know who killed him. Reasonable desire. This is how we get to here a great portion of the story of his life.

A mere glance at the cover of this book will suggest to the reader that there is sex, drugs, and rock & roll to be found within. It's not a tease, it's all there and then some.

Who Killed Randy Ratphink is (in my humble opinion, and that's why your reading this, right?) well written, well paced, action-oriented, paranormal fun! It should probably come with a "kids, don't do this at home" disclaimer but what the hey.

So, if you are in the mood for a light-hearted (yeah, I know it's a murder mystery) irreverent look back at the "tune-in, turn-on, drop-out" generation, Who Killed Randy Ratphink? is just what you're looking for.

By the way, when my time comes, I'm heading straight for the light. No way I want what happened to Randy to happen to me! Enjoy!


Mike

Another by the way; shame on Barnes & Noble for not offering this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment