Saturday, April 30, 2016

Fast Draw: One Bullet to Hell

The usual disclaimer: I was given an e-version of Fast Draw: One Bullet to Hell by D.W. Collins in exchange for a review.

Apparently, Fast Draw: One Bullet to Hell is not author D.W. Collins' usual genre, When I looked for the author bio on Goodreads (after having read the book) I found a listing of several books which appear by the titles to be of a more adult-oriented nature. After quite a bit of searching, I finally discovered D.W. Collins is a male (OK, it doesn't matter, but I got curious). On another site the bio is signed Dee. So, I was going to go out on a limb here and assume (yeah, I know; u and me) that the author is female (sure enough, me at least). To be honest I actually learned the truth when trying to post my review to Amazon. So, back for some quick editing. Anyway, my sleuthing done, back to the review.

Fast Draw: One Bullet to Hell is an action story with a twist: a conspiracy theorists playground. So, naturally I enjoyed the heck out of this book. I got so engrossed, I finished it in one day. It is riveting. And, come on, the story has John Wayne in it, it's got to be good, right? Our hero, Bob, is a straight out of the old west quick draw artist. Any similarity to reality ends there however, as he embarks on one of the strangest adventure/quest/vendettas you could ever want to read.

There are government badasses, terrorist (for lack of a better term) badasses, paranormal good and bad guys, and Bob; the baddest of them all. There is lots of action, graphic violence, very mild sex, and a little romance added to the mix. We get remote viewing, telepathy, mind control, all the good paranormal stuff. We also get pseudo-military technologies. world domination plots, all on a truly global setting.

Fast Draw... is the first of, I believe, two books. The ending was not a cliffhanger (thank you very much), but we do know more is to come. Although I don't yet have any way to know for sure, there are plot lines that I would really like to follow into another book. Without giving anything away here; in Fast Draw... the good guys don't always win.

According to the Goodreads listing for Fast Draw... the book is 393 pages long. My e-version however, comes in at 431 pages. I don't know if that is a print vs electronic difference, but I can't think of any part of what I read that should have been edited out.

Bottom line D.W. Collins has written one great book in Fast Draw: One Bullet to Hell. C'mon! John Wayne! Enjoy!


Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment