Saturday, October 3, 2015

Breakout

I received a copy of Breakout by Kevin Scott Olson because I asked for one!

This book is great! I read it in one setting. Well, it's only 35 pages long, so...
But I am already hooked. I can't wait to read more of the exploits of Michael Quinn.

Basically it's military/espionage action story.

I really wish this book had been longer, I can't say how long I will be willing to follow a series 35 pages at a time. But, for now, I'm in! Great action, violent to be sure, but not so graphic as to spoil the story. The focus is on story, not gratuitous graphic violence, glib (read: stupid) witticisms, puns or other crutches often used in the genre.

My biggest complaint? The story's end. That was cold Mr. Olson. I don't do spoilers so you'll have to read the book to see what I mean.

If you like military-type action reads Breakout, is definitely meant for you. Enjoy!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment