Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Iron Rage

No Disclaimer! I actually bought this book!

I admit it, I really like the Deathlands series, and Iron Rage is no exception. I own, and have read, between 90 and 100 of the books. I'm always on the lookout for the ones I am missing.

Iron Rage fulfills all the requirements for a Deathlands junkie. Action, action,and more, action. Graphic violence of the kind that, I think, discourages people from relying on vilence to solve their problems. The companions, as usual, try to avoid conflict, but surprise, they aren't allowed to. So in true Deathlands fashion they kick ass and don't bother with names.

Speaking of names, Iron Rage contains one of the great character names ever: Ermintrude Strank. Awesome name. Iron Rage takes place mainly aboard various ships. I tend to prefer when the companions are set in predark cities. But not every book can do this I guess.

Although I don't believe the Deathlands books are meant to be social commentary, they do promote the virtues of loyalty, friendship and integrity.

So, no these books are not great literature, but they are a lot of fun to read. If you are an action fan you will like Iron Rage. If you haven't read a Deathlands book yet, be prepared to be hooked. Of course you have 120+ books to catch up on. Be of good cheer however, because most of the books are stand alone stories so you can read them as you find them. Enjoy!


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment