Thursday, October 8, 2015

Einstein's Beach House

Author Jacob M. Appel gave me a copy of Einstein's Beach House for review.

This book was better than most I receive with regards to editing, very few, if any, typos, misused words, etc.

But I have to say, Einstein's Beach House, was just not for me. I don't consider myself a dummy, but I guess I am not cerebral enough to understand this book. To me, the stories built the reader up in anticipation of the climax, then just kind of fizzled. Not bad, don't get me wrong, just kind of "ok the story is over, next!"

Appel does paint good word pictures. Detail and character building are spot on. I just found myself saying, "I just don't get it". There were humorous, sad, heartbreaking, and compelling portions of the story. For me, it was just those pesky endings.

The best comparison I can come up with by way of example is; remember the Twilight Zone, the viewer was taken for a ride that, at the end, had a twist you didn't see coming. The stories in this book were similar, with out the twist at the end.

Einstein's Beach House is a well constructed and presented book. I'm sure there is an audience for this book who will appreciate and enjoy the stories. They will understand the message. I do wish Mr. Appel good luck with this book and recommend it to readers who enjoy more cerebral works.


Mike   

No comments:

Post a Comment