Monday, August 3, 2015

Ardalia: The Breath of Aoles (Ardalia #1)


I really loved this book!

I received a pdf version of this book from the author. That is why it took me so long to read, I had to read on my computer.

The story is great. Lots of adventure, action, some romance. The main character's coming of age is great to follow. He is overcoming the arrogance of youth, and realizing other cultures often have much to offer. I don't usually go out of my way to read "message" books. This didn't have the feel of a message story. The lessons are well integrated into the story.

The author has great descriptive skill. There are subplots, twists and intricacies enough to satisfy the most jaded of readers. I thoroughly enjoyed this read.

The only reason I did not award the fifth star in this review may seem petty or unimportant to some. I didn't give it solely because of the ending. I understand this book is part of a series, I get it. But, the ending is just too abrupt for me. The action of the moment was resolved, so it is not a classic cliff-hanger as such.

All around a great read. I recommend this book.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment