Monday, August 3, 2015

Number of the Beast: Paladin Cycle, Book One (Paladin Cycle #1)


I recently received this book in both audio and print formats as part of first reads.

I started with the audio format as that was the first one I was given. I was enjoying it but it was hard to find time to just sit and listen. When I received the print version I switched to that.

This book is everything promised; suspenseful, sexy, violent, graphic, twisted, mysterious, romantic and demonic, but mostly... entertaining! I really got into this story. There is so much in this book, Max Redford and Lita Stone have created not just a universe, but a "multiverse" bringing several planes of existence together to tell this story.

I don't like to write spoilers in my reviews, so suffice to say I loved the prologue by God, and the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. I wasn't able to predict too much of what was going to happen in the story. I have my ideas about some of the characters in the next installment of the story. But now I have to wait for the next book... oh well.

So, if you like your reading to be a maze of action, adventure, violence, sensuality, romance, politics and intrigue, this book is probably for you.

I recommend this book highly while echoing the authors warning: Mature content: adult language, graphic (sometimes twisted) sex, gore and violence (Quoted from the back cover). I'll admit, this warning almost scared me off. I'm really glad it didn't, although I would suggest you not play the audio version in front of your pastor, priest or rabbi.

So thank you Mr. Redford and Ms. Stone for this great book! I look forward to the rest of the story.


Mike Siedschlag

No comments:

Post a Comment