Monday, August 3, 2015

He Who Walks in Shadow (That Which Should Not Be #2)


Disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer... I received He Who Walks in Shadow as a first reads winner.

I really liked this book (hence 4 stars). It is action, adventure, horror, mystery, a little romance, and a few other adjectives that escape me at the moment.(creepy, eerie, historical, paranormal, demonic)

It was even educational; I learned what omphaloskepsis means. (If you already know my hat's off to you).

He Who Walks in Shadow hooked me from the get go. I often caught myself reading as fast as I could as though the story might move on with out me. I would have to tell myself to calm down, that the book wasn't going anywhere without me. It kept building in excitement and anticipation and did not fail in achieving a satisfying climax. While caught up in one of these manic reading episodes, I was reading before bed as I often do, I was so engrossed that I kept reading until I could literally not keep my eyes open. I had about 30 pages left and was so disappointed that I couldn't stay awake to finish!

This story, presented as the journals of several of the characters, blended very well. I have read other books where this style comes across choppy and somewhat difficult to follow. Not so here.

For me this book was a true page turner from the beginning. I don't often say this even for books i really like. I found myself looking forward to the time I could get back to the book.

High recommendations. If you like any of the genres this story crosses, He Who Walks in Shadow is worth the time you'll spend with it.


Mike Siedschlag

No comments:

Post a Comment