Sunday, August 9, 2015

Godforsaken

I just finished reading Godforsaken by Suren Hakobyan. I received an e version of this book in exchange for a honest review, so here it is.

I really enjoyed this book. At first I wasn't sure about this book. I often fear that books focused on angels, demons or other paranormal type themes are designed to proselytize a particular religious viewpoint. I didn't get that feeling from Godforsaken, If that is author Hakobyan's intention here, it got by me.

What this book does have is a compelling story. Action, intrigue, sibling rivalry, family politics, romance, a little sex, are all woven into a story where the reader (at least me) doesn't know for sure who the good guys or bad guys truly are. The only character I could root for completely was the heroine Lily. Everyone else was a mixture of conflicting motivations and virtues/vices.

All of this makes Godforsaken a roller coaster of a read, twists and turns, ups and downs, but always building in anticipation.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your viewpoint, Godforsaken is part of a series. Unfortunately, the story is not resolved in this book. Fortunately, there is more to read in the next book. I look forward to it.

Godforsaken is a story well worth reading if you enjoy the themes I've already listed.

I recommend Godforsaken. Enjoy!


Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment