Monday, August 3, 2015

Blue Lights In A Jar


I didn't know what to expect when I started to read this book.

I received a pdf copy from the author through first reads. He included Blue Lights in a Jar along with the book that originally caught my attention, Bonus!

Blue Lights in a Jar is hard to categorize, it takes religious tenants and explores them in a slightly skewed way. Kind of like the old Twilight Zone. Concepts like Purgatory, Death and Heaven were central to a suspenseful story. The characters were engaging and sympathetic. Though not preachy it was somewhat of a morality tale. It is a well crafted story, action oriented with twists and turns I didn't see coming. Characters to root for, and against.

Unlike the other book I've read by this author, Blue Lights in a Jar was not gruesome. It was still unsettling and spooky in its way, but not terror filled. More of a thinkers spooky. It made me think about my life and what awaits me in the afterlife.

I thoroughly enjoyed Blue Lights in a Jar and recommend it to anyone who likes to think while they read. Not deep philosophical thoughts, but as the comedian used to say; "Things that make you go hmm".

Mike Siedschalg

No comments:

Post a Comment